Saturday, October 4, 2008

Uh oh - new addiction on its' way!

My sil was kind enough to call my scrapbooking supplies out of hiding and invited me to crop last Friday. It had been 12 months since I poured over my most favorite hobby and in the 6 hours that we were there I almost got 2 pages done (don't even ask! I am way too particular about my pages as well as the fact that my creative brain was rusty).

As I was lamenting the fact that I just don't have the time to sit down to crop the beautiful photos of my favorite little people, the Crea.tive Memo.ries consultant introduced us to the company's new digital scrapbooking software. I had always said I wouldn't scrapbook digitally - I never liked what the pages looked like and I love the hands-on feel of scrapbooking with paper. But since blogging has taken over most of my spare (did I say "spare"? HA!) time, I recently realized that my blog was becoming my 'scrapbook' - my journal and heritage of our kids.

So when I found this CM digital software that produces beautiful pages as well as being convenient (I already almost live in front of this screen), I could not resist! I bought it and have spent too many hours playing with it already! I don't know how to use all the features yet but here are some examples of my practice. I think they turned quite well and I can't wait to do some more! What do you think?

4 comments:

Sharon said...

They have turned out beautifully! I agree, I too consider my blog to have become my online scrapbook, and I like the way I now "journal" so much more for each photo. But this sounds like a great idea as well... just don't forget your resolution to spend *less* time in front of a computer!!

~ Sharon

Andrea said...

Oh....yeah. My resolution.... :-/

Thanks so much for reminding me... (sigh)....

Andrea ;-)

sbharnish said...

Good work! Although I do predict that you are WAY too much of a perfectionist and will never actually PRINT any out because there are so many MORE cool possibilities!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Those are lovely! What a great idea. I've never been much of a scrap-booker...the whole rage started after I already had 3 kids...but I might enjoy the digital kind!