Tuesday, May 26, 2009

...the mouths of babes!

I was torturing Reagan by brushing her knotty hair this morning. I was amazed at how awful it was and she was brought to tears by the pain.

Reagan (6): If my hair is dead, then why does it hurt so much Mommy?!

(Nice to know that she's listened in science - human body discussions last year. Poor girl - I had to tell her that the skin part, where the hair's attached it still quite alive and full of nerves!)

--------------------------------------------
And this week it was my dh that had me laughing!

Yesterday, I was lamenting and complaining to dh about how much time it takes just to do daily tasks for the kids, such as feeding and dressing and diapers. I was just looking for some empathy from dh more than complaining really because I was tired and facing dinner unprepared again. I said, "It never ending with these kids."

DH: Well, there're just so many of them!

(It just sounded so funny coming out of his mouth so bluntly - as if we have 10 children running amuck or something!)
---------------------------------------
For more Tiny Talk Tuesday (from real tiny talkers, not hubby) visit Mary at Not Before 7!

2 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOL...well there is just so many of them :)

Right there with ya gal!

sbharnish said...

hahaha....you've been taken over!!! retreat, retreat!!!!!!