Monday, June 9, 2008

27, 26, or even 25 would do!

I don't know about you all but I just can't get enough hours in a day! I find myself thinking frequently of what I could do with just a couple more hours (and I'm not talking about bloggin' folks! LOL). There are just so many books that I need to read -resources that could help me teach better. So many goals and plans to determine. And lessons to lay out. And this doesn't even touch that fact that I'd give my left arm for a couple of hours to scrapbook the beautiful photos of my four babies (although that may be difficult with just one arm)!

I look back even to last year and think upon how much easier it was with only one kindergartener and 3 kids. This is the year that I was forced to realize that it was time for me to grow yet again with the start of 1st grade and the addition of baby #4. I thought that it was never going to work with only 24 hours in each day! But God has again shown His perfect plan in how He has stretched me (and my poor tummy also- now doomed to be a 'muffin top' if I don't get onto those Pilates anytime soon!) to be able to handle the new responsibilities! Hindsight is so much clearer to show me His grace, guidance, love, and faithfulness as we draw near to the end of this school year.

And thenI remember that 24 hours is just enough for the task He has given me. Scrapbooking can wait....the babies are growing before my very eyes.

I only hope that I can learn to be a better steward of the time I have been given...

5 comments:

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Oh, I understand! And I come to the same conclusion - God has ordained 24 hrs in each day and will equip us for what HE wants us to do. And for my part, I am learning to let unimportant things go undone. Good post!

sbharnish said...

I realize that your blog name is mom..2..4...but maybe after this post you will think of it as mom...24!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh girl. I am so with you. The words of wisdom repeated by Jennifer...AMEN! let the things that aren't on HIS agenda for us go. (hence my lack of blog visiting recently...)

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Seems like this is the period of growth for us moms! Thanks for you comment recently. We've been trying to grow in a better direction at our house lately.

Very good post. Thank you!

Monica said...

Yes, I hear you on this one. Sometimes it is not more time that I need, but more focus to use my time wisely. Or better yet, more willingness to give each moment to the Lord to let Him shape my days.

I find that the homeschool year with a newborn is REALLY hard. You'll be surprised how different next year is.