- I can't balance all this.
- I can't get all the kids dressed and fed.
- I can't get all of Jefferson's lessons in today.
- I can't get the house clean - even slightly clean.
- I can't call my friends bcuz I can't get anything else done and don't dare waste time picking up the phone.
- I can't get myself moving - I've didn't get enough sleep.
- I can't deal with all the different food that all the different people in my family are eating (dh and I are cutting sugar/flour while Adam is on a special rotaion diet)!
- I can't get dressed - I don't have time ... the baby is crying.
So what a pitty party!! Waa, waa poor little me. Sometimes I just forget to take things one step at a time! So now I've decided that I need to remind myself to do the 'Can-Can' instead when I feel like this. Here goes (starting with the most important reminder):
- I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)
- I CAN slow down and breathe for a minute.
- I CAN pray - I am NEVER alone nor forsaken (even if I feel like it).
- I CAN take one little step at a time.
- I CAN hug a kid or two or three (or even four).
- I CAN sip a cup of tea (thanks to Kuerig single cup brewer).
- I CAN put on the praise music - we ALL feel better with a little dancing.
- I CAN make a mental note of all the things for which I'm grateful (this one REALLY helps).
- I CAN choose to have a better attitude and remember that God is in control!
I know that I tend to get overwhelmed, but stepping back into the 'Can-Can' is so helpful on mornings like this! And the truth is that the Lord won't give me too much -He is happywith me and loves me! So how do you deal with those crazy mornings? If it's rough going and you find yourself slipping into the party of pity for you - go ahead and remember that little french tune!